Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blood of Olympus | Part 2

Hi everyone!

Today I'll be doing a part two to my review of Blood of Olympus, as I forgot to mention some minor details in the last blog post. Again, this will be a blog post with many a spoiler! So go read the book first then come back to discuss with us. ^_^

I did a spoiler-free review (there wasn't anything to spoil) on Percy Jackson's Greek Gods on whimsical daydream, click here to go check it out!



Spoiler Alert!



1. No reunion with Sally? The last time Percy talked to her was like in The Son of Neptune. Did Sally and Blowfis get married? So many questions. :-( I feel like Rick Riordan forgot about Sally and now she has no idea if Percy is even alive.

2. Bob, Small Bob, and that giant. I thought they were still alive and were going to make a comeback in this book. Sadly, no. Are they dead? They were some of my favorite characters and they were hilarious. I thought they would be able to say hello to the stars and the sun. That moment was one of the most emotional in House of Hades and I'm very sad that we didn't hear from them again.

3. So the rest of the crew doesn't really know if Leo is alive for sure. And how did he get to Calypso's island again? I guess Rick explained it in the book but I kind of forgot.

4. What about Percy's fatal flaw? I thought he would have to make a sacrifice that he wouldn't be able to do... Did they mention that? I feel like I skipped over a huge chunk of the book.

5. Remember how in House of Hades Percy starts choking that old lady? I thought we would get to understand where that evil side of Percy came from. Instead we just got Jason. Watching Percy choke. ._.

These are just some minor complaints that I have but all the small complaints build up and just form one big question mark for the book. In my opinion, this book was great, but not a great final book. I still have a lot of questions and I really wanted to see from Percy's point of view!

Anyway, this is one of my favorite series and will always be. Despite this book not living up to my expectations, Percy Jackson will always be one of my favorite, if not my favorite, fictional heroes. I'm very thankful to Rick Riordan for writing such an amazing adventure. I'm sounding a little dramatic over a book series but I am so sad to be saying goodbye to my favorite characters.

Thanks for reading campers. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment