Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Blood of Olympus

Hi everyone,

Today I'll be talking about the final book in The Heroes of Olympus series, The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan.

Love how Jason is the focal point of this cover... -_-

This post will have spoilers about the book! So go read it first and then we can discuss.


Spoilers ahead!



Okay so first of all, one major problem I had with it was the fact that Percy didn't have any POV chapters. Neither did Annabeth, Hazel, or Frank. I found that very upsetting because they are also part of the seven. I don't understand why Jason, Piper, and Leo have POV chapters, but the other four do not. I know we started the series with them in The Lost Hero and we should end with them, but for me that makes no sense at all. Percy, Annabeth, Frank and Hazel are in this series as much as Jason, Piper, and Leo are. I was especially upset that Percy didn't have POV chapters. This series isn't entirely about him but he's still a main character! This is possibly the last time we'll ever see Percy again and it upsets me how we didn't get to hear from him.

When Percy kissed Annabeth with Piper standing there... that was so awkward.

I do like this book, I think the battles were epic and so fun to read. However, how is it that no one dies? I mean besides the antagonists. Not even the minor characters die. Not that I wanted anyone to die, but this is Mother Earth we're fighting. I'm pretty sure at least someone on the Greek and Roman side would die. Besides Octavian.

I do have to say I loved hearing from Nico and Reyna. I liked seeing things from their point of view. It really made me love them so much more. I never was a huge fan of Nico or Reyna but because of this book, I started to really like them. I also really liked that scene where Nico confesses to Percy. Although him and Will? Where did that come from? o_o

Overall, this book was not my favorite. The ending resolved so quickly. Mother Earth was up for like 5 seconds then she went back to sleep.

My favorite books from this series were The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, and The House of Hades. The Lost Hero is my least favorite and The Blood of Olympus is my second to least favorite.

I'm really sad to be saying goodbye to my favorite characters ever to exist in the fictional realms. Percy Jackson and the Olympians is my favorite series ever and I love the characters so much. I have  a feeling we'll see Percy and Annabeth again in Magnus Chase but this is probably the last book that they will be main characters in. :,( Really looking forward to Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes! Currently reading Percy Jackson's Greek Gods. ^__^ (awesome book it's hilarious)

So, tell my what you thought of the book! And which book in The Heroes of Olympus was your favorite.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment