Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gathering Blue

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I updated and I thought I would bring you guys a book review. My travel post about Hangzhou will be up soon, I'm still working on it. :)

Anyways, today's review is on the book, Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. It is the second book in The Giver Series, which I had no idea was a series.

Speaking of The Giver, I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago and it was such a nice movie. Very emotional and some parts of it were quite different than the book but a really nice watch. ^_^



Gathering Blue follows the story line of a different character and the world they live in is very different as well. While The Giver was a futuristic dystopian/utopia society, Gathering Blue follows the story of a girl name Kira who lives in more primitive society.

I really enjoyed reading this book and I found this book very interesting. However, this book was very short and I felt half of it was missing. There was no ending to this book, no closure to a plot that would not continue in another book. I would have liked this book so much more if there was some closure to the ending. By the end of the book, I felt like nothing had happened with the plot and nothing was achieved.

Despite the lack of a strong ending I really liked the writing style and it was good book. I definitely recommend giving it a read. :) Out of ten I'd give this book a eight.

That's all for my short, spoiler free review. I have plenty more book reviews to catch up on as I read a lot on my trip. Blood of Olympus is also coming out soon which I am so excited for! :D

Alright that's all for today! Thanks for reading! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment