Monday, March 9, 2015

To All the Boys I've Loved Before | Jenny Han


Hi everyone!

Over the weekend I read To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I absolutely love this book and I adore Lara Jean's character. I wish I had the book in a hard copy because I love the cover of this book but I downloaded it onto my phone.

The story follows a girl named Lara Jean who is a junior in high school. Whenever she falls in love with a boy, she writes them a letter and that's her way of letting go of the crush. One day at school she bumps into one of the guys she wrote a letter to and he asks her about the letter she wrote to him. Lara is confused because she never wrote him a letter - only the letter she wrote for herself. She goes back home and finds all of her letters missing. This book was so cute and funny. I also loved the writing style. I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I actually did. Definitely think this book is worth a read.

That's all for the non-spoiler section of this review. Go read the book and come back to discuss the rest of the book. Thanks for reading! 



Okay so everyone here should have read the book. Spoilers ahead!

I really loved Lara Jean and all of the characters in this book. Except for that girl Genevieve.

I really appreciate Lara Jean's relationship with her sisters and I love how close they are with their dad. When I first saw this book I expected Lara Jean to be really annoying but she was pretty cool. I really relate to Lara Jean. I love how she is girly and proper but also sarcastic. I did think she overreacted quite a bit when everyone thought Lara Jean and Peter hooked up. I understand why she got so upset but she kind of overreacted.

I also adore Peter. I didn't really care for him at the beginning of this book but by the end I shipped Lara Jean and Peter so much. I thought the notes he wrote to Lara Jean were so cute and funny. I was so thankful Kitty saved the letters. One of my favorite scenes was Lara Jean telling Peter he had a receding hairline. I also really liked Josh but I started to dislike him a little near the middle to the end of the book. Josh just started to get kind of annoying and I like him with Margot even though he kissed Lara Jean, which made me dislike him.

I also really like Chris! I think she's a really great friend and her relationship with Lara Jean is sweet. It's interesting how they are such good friends but so different from one another.

One random thing I loved about this book was Lara Jean's clothes and style. I love her vintage and girly floral style and how she described her clothing.

I can't really imagine Lara Jean or any of the characters in my head. If I had to choose an actress to play Lara Jean I think Piper Curda would be a great actress to play Lara Jean. I also think they have similar style. I really can't imagine Peter or Josh.

One of my favorite lines was Lara Jean saying she could only be Asian characters for Halloween since everyone would just mistake her for an anime character. Also love the wizard duels she had with Josh. x)

I just loved this book so much and I can't wait for the next one! The ending was somewhat of a cliffhanger and I didn't want this book to end.

So that's it to this review, sorry if my words and thought were all over the place.

Once again, thanks for reading and have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment