Saturday, March 14, 2015

Vexations

alone again.. naturally
Hello everyone,

I wanted to do a ramble since I have a lot of thoughts in my head and can't contain them. 

I was kind of angry and stressed a while ago but I was reading an old note I wrote on my phone a year ago. I had been really down at that time and I had saw a tumblr post by Dove Cameron and it really inspired me. The idea of returning to simplicity. I really would like to travel to India since she mentioned her travels there and how life is simplistic. Sure they have cars and all the modern technology but the mindset of the people is just simplistic. My old note told me to release my anger and stress and just take a breath. I had forgotten that I had wrote that note so it was really like having a conversation with my old self.

I was in a funk as well but I just put my phone down and stepped outside. There's a really beautiful view in my backyard of hills filled with wild flowers. I've taken many photos of those hills.

I really would like a couple of dream catchers in my room. I made a dream catcher in elementary school but it's a bit crooked and the colors (obnoxiously bright green and yellow) don't really fit with the colors in my room. I think dream catchers are so beautiful and as a dreamer, I love the idea of catching a beautiful dream.

There are a couple of songs right now that I've been listening to which are from the playlist Jenny Han created for her book. My two favorites are Alone Again Naturally by Gilbert O'Sullivan and For the Longest Time by Billy Joel. I really relate to Alone Again Naturally and I think everyone can relate to it since I'm sure everyone feels completely alone at some times. For the Longest Time is just such an upbeat and fun song and puts a big smile on my face. Both these songs make me want to break into a dance. I recommend giving that playlist a listen since there are so many great songs on there. There's a wonderful fan adaption of To All  the Boys I've Loved Before by Yulin Kuang on YouTube. It's just a short film of Lara explaining her letters. The actress who plays her is Chanel Marriott and she actually liked two of my photos on Instagram. Got so excited I even screenshot the moment haha.

I'll start putting links of important pages on my "meet mel" page that I'll update. The songs, short film, and tumblr page will be posted there. 

This post was all over the place but I wanted to just release my thoughts. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

 ☾ ☼

No comments:

Post a Comment