Friday, July 4, 2014

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

hi everyone,

Happy 4th of July!

today's book review is going to be on Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.



So I was planning to do an overall review on the series as a whole but really wanted to talk about the book in more detail.

This book was a fantastic ending to a wonderful series and I highly encourage you to read it. This book made me realize a lot of things and it was very eye opening.

I would give this book a 9/10 and the series overall a 9/10.

So go read it and then come back and finish the blog post because there will be spoilers down below.

SPOILER ALERT


1. I'm currently in a book slump because this book was a lot of emotions. Stocking up on some contemporary books to help me recover. Maybe I'll do a blog post on that?

2. The scene when Jem meets Will was fantastic. Jem and Will's relationship is one of my favorite things about this book. Alec and Jace's relationship does not even compare. When Jem and Will are separated, Jem's like a mother looking for his lost child. When Jace and Alec are seperated, they're just like whatever.

3. The scene with Will burning his hands to catch Jem's drug was so heart breaking. Seeing Will's burned hands just broke my heart. It just truly shows how much Will wants Jem to live and how much Will loves Jem.

4. Also, Jessamine's death was so upsetting. I kind of hate and love Jessamine. However, I do wish she was in the book more often. Even though she had a big role, she wasn't in the book very often.

5. I wasn't that surprised when Jem became a Silent Brother because I read the entire Mortal Instruments series first (which I wish I didn't) and it was quite evident that it was Jem or Will. I actually thought it would be Will because I always thought Will would end up with Tessa.

6. The epilogue with a recap of Tessa and Will's life was just so heart breaking. I feel so bad for Tessa. Immortality is something that is so desired and so undesirable. Seeing everyone around me die is the most painful things to me.

7. I was so surprised that Tessa ended up with both of them. It is a YA rule (not really) that she needs to pick one, lol. I have mixed feelings about the ending. It gave me everything I wanted but also nothing I wanted. I appreciate how Tessa remained true to Jem. I can tell that she truly loves both Will and Jem.

So that was my review of Clockwork Princess, this series is truly amazing. I don't want to offend any TMI fans but I was so surprised that I would love one of Cassandra Clare's books so much. TMI was just so incomparable to this series. Don't get me wrong, I like TMI and without it, there wouldn't be TID, but the characters just piss me off.

Remember, these are my opinions and if you are a hardcore TMI fan, I totally respect your opinion.

anyways, thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment