Thursday, July 3, 2014

gossip

hi everybody!

so this blog post is kind of a reply/part 2 to kyoung's, her post really inspired me and I wanted to add to it.

my experience with gossip...

so I had some friends that weren't really friends, who always said mean things about other people when that person wasn't there. I always felt like they were talking behind me back once I left the room because they always talked about someone then act like they were that person's friend. I have to admit that I'm guilty of joining into gossip and it's something I'm really ashamed of. Something that I've learned about gossip is that the person your talking bad about will most likely find out. And it ruins friendships.

gossip made me very self-conscious, I always felt like I was being judged. I was very aware of everything and couldn't trust people because I felt that people were saying thing behind my back.

gossip also lead to a lot of drama and stress that could have been prevented.

I believe people gossip out of jealousy. There are other factors as well, maybe out of anger or just boredom. 

how to deal with it?

I'm no expert and I still make mistakes, everyone does. I've experienced a lot of people who will tell people they're wrong and they will do exactly the same. I dont want to be that person who is quick to tell people what they are doing wrong.

but from what I've experienced, finding the right friends is very important. once I left that group of gossipy friends, all the drama ceased. I felt influenced to gossip when I was around gossipy people and when I found better friends, I never argued or got stressed because of them. friends are supposed to make you happy and laugh, not cry and worry.

I regret caring so much about what other people said about me and wasting my time feeling stressed about it. Looking back at it, it's almost funny.

if you feel like your being gossiped about, something I recommend is to find something better to do. This is pretty hard for me, I always try to tell myself that it doesn't matter what people think, but sometimes it's really hard to have that conscience.

however, when I find myself wrapped up in a good book, busy playing an instrument, cooking, exercising, writing, etc., I don't think about what other people are thinking. I'm too busy focusing on what I'm doing.

but for me, the biggest thing is surrounding myself with good company. people who have better things to do than stand around and talk about other people.




so I hope this blog post kind of helped you? make sure to go check out xia's post by clicking here.


thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment