Monday, June 23, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire | Cassandra Clare

Hi everyone

Today's post will be a review on City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, the 6th and final book in The Mortal Instruments.

So I literally just finished reading the book like less than 3 minutes ago.

So this will be my review of the book, I mentioned I was going to be posting this review a loong time ago but I just never had time to sit down and read it.

First things first, if you haven't read the Infernal Devices, you should probably read that series first. I only read the first book of the Infernal Devices going into this book and a lot of stuff happened that relates the the characters in the other series.

I did enjoy this book and it was a good ending. I've experienced some horrible endings before (*cough cough* Maximum Ride and Requiem) so I was quite satisfied with this book.

I definitely recommend it, there were lots of funny scenes and I really enjoyed reading it! However, you should know that I'm not the biggest fan of the overall series. I just don't find most of the character likable.

anyways, on to the spoiler section! So if you haven't read the book yet, go read it and come back!

SPOILER ALERT

1. ok so first of all, one thing that really bothers me is that Jace and Clary are both 16 (going on 17). and they have that scene. whatever e_e I just don't like Jace and Clary all that much. Sorry for all you Jary fans, but Clary annoys me and Jace is always doing stupid, rash things (insert the Jonathan Shadowhunter scene where he HAS to have that stupid weapon and almost gets Izzy killed).

2. I love Simon and Izzy, they are pretty much the reason why I read this series. and Simon is always saving everyone else's butt. Like hallelujah Simon is always there. and OMG I thought Simon was gonna change Izzy into a vampire when Jace almost gets all of them killed, but no. I was freaking out at that moment lol. I broke down when Simon was making that dealing with Magnus's father. It was so heartbreaking, seeing all his memories. But I am quite satisfied with the ending, I hope to see more of them in the next series. Sizzy (or is it Izmon?) forever! btw, the part where Simon gets the drugged blood is hilarious!

3. ah the scene with Sebastian/Jonathan. very emotional. I understand that Clary can't really forgive him. He's done horrible things. It's interesting how I hate him but at the same time I really feel bad for him and understand why he does what he does.

4. The book was so long I can't even remember the beginning of the book. It was sad when Jordan passed though... Although I didn't really like him all that much. Then Maia gets a new boyfriend within the next 10 minutes. wth I don't really like Maia either. omg I pretty much dislike everyone except for Simon, Isabelle and Magnus, haha.

so yeh. those were my thoughts on the City of Heavenly Fire. sorry for the jumbled mess of words. I just wanted to post this review asap.

I hope I didn't offend any of you, these are just my opinions and you don't have to agree with me.

thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment