Thursday, June 19, 2014

life online

hey everyone

so for several weeks now I've been thinking about what I'm about to post.

so this is going to be a very jumbled and kind of hypocritical post. but we're all hypocrites so don't judge. x)

basically what I want to talk about is your life online. I've realized that I kind of have a problem with the virtual world. I spend most of my time and energy on the internet. this is so ironic because I'm on the laptop right now blogging, but I don't shame the virtual world,  I just think that some people should spend less time on the internet.

now, the internet is pretty much magic. it allows us to talk to people across the world. it is very convenient and gives us quick access to things that would take days of time. I love the internet because I can share my thoughts like I'm doing right now. There's so much fun content on the internet that we can watch, read, etc. Personally, I spend a lot of time on the internet.

But how much is too much?

I don't think spending time on the computer is wrong, I just think some people, including myself, spend too much time on it. It' something that I'm still working on. Especially during the summer when I'm at home I just find myself on the internet because what else should I do?

but something I'm trying to do more often is getting out there and experiencing life, not through a screen. I guess I sound a bit dramatic but it's true for me. I spend far too much time staring at a screen and I want to try to spend more time outside, enjoying the summer.

spending too much time staring at a screen is bad for your eyes and the electronic device also gives off radiation. It's not life threatening but it's definitely not healthy.

the reason why I posted the summer activities post was because I wanted to do more things instead of being in front of a computer screen.

so I hope this post kind of inspires you to step out of your home and spend time outside. there's nothing wrong with the internet but spending too much time in front of a screen is unhealthy for you. and I hope I don't sound to preachy in this video, this post is also a wake-up call for me. I'm definitely guilty of staring at the screen for hours. but it's something I'm definitely going to work on! ^_^

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. I know it's a bit ironic that I'm saying this through a screen but it's just something that was on my mind and I hope to improve!

thank you so much for reading and check out xia's wonderful posts yesterday if you would like to read more posts like this!


p.s. this is totally random but "lovin' it" and "better left unsaid" have been stuck in my head for hours hehe. but they are great songs so not complaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment